Earn Your Bobcat Badge!
7 Easy Steps To Earn The Bobcat Rank:
With exception to Lion Cubs, all other youth who join Cub Scouts must earn the Bobcat badge before advancing to the rank of Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, or Arrow of Light. To complete the Bobcat requirements, a youth must:
- Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
- Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
- Learn and say the Scout Sign, with help if needed.
- Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
- Learn and say the Scout Motto, with help if needed.
- Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet “How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide” (found in any of the Tiger, Wolf, Bear or Webelos Handbooks or click here)
For some fun ways to learn Bobcat Requirements, see the Video Instructions Below:
For more ideas for how to earn Bobcat and make it fun for Cub Scouts – and easy for new parents to lead – are found at this Bobcat resource page, which has Family-Led Adventure resources for parents to do on their own schedules and fun den group ideas. Kindergarten Lions will do most of the requirements for Bobcat as part of the Lion program.