Friends of Scouting
Your Gift Makes a Difference
Every year, thousands of Atlanta youth take part in the once-in-a-lifetime adventures and character-building programs that can only be found in Scouting. In doing so, they discover skills they never knew they had and develop into the leaders we’ll need in the years to come.
Last year, the 541 Scouts who earned their Eagle rank gave 67,795 hours back to our community in service. Thousands of Scouts also came together to collect food to feed Atlanta’s hungry, ran school supply drives to support their community, and rose to the challenge in many other ways.
Scouting makes a dramatic, positive impact on Atlanta’s youth, our families, and our communities, but it won’t happen without your support.
Your gift to Friends of Scouting provides trained leaders, program materials, camping facilities, and insurance for safe and fun experiences. The annual Friends of Scouting campaign provides 27% of our Council’s budget. It is because of the generosity of our Scouting families and community supporters that the amazing benefits of Scouting are possible in Atlanta.
Your Gift to Friends of Scouting Ensures:
- Every youth in metro Atlanta has the opportunity to be a Scout, no matter their economic circumstance
- First-class camping programs at Bert Adams, Woodruff, and Allatoona Aquatics Base
- Support and training for more than 10,000 volunteer leaders that make the Scouting program possible
- Materials and program development for the exciting, once-in-a-lifetime experiences that can only be found in Scouting
- A safe and fun Scouting experience with insurance for Scouting activities
How You Can Support Friends of Scouting
The success of Friends of Scouting is vital to the success of the Scouting program in the Atlanta metro area. We hope you will join us in supporting the Friends of Scouting campaign. Your support is needed and greatly appreciated. You can make your gift at an upcoming unit presentation or click the button below.