Atlanta Area Council National Jamboree
National Jamboree is Scouting's flagship event. It is a one-of-a-kind gathering of approximately 40,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more! It is held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve on over 40,000 acres in the New River Gorge, the permanent home of the National Scout Jamboree and BSA's fourth High Adventure base. The next National Jamboree will be July 21-30, 2021 at the Summit Bechtel Reserve.
With every Jamboree, the Atlanta Area Council assembles a Jamboree Contingent. The contingent consists of a number of units, each comprised of 36 youth and 4 adult leaders. This year, units will include Male Troops, Female Troops and Venturing Crews.
The Jamboree is open to all qualified youth on a first-come, first-served basis. Adult leaders can apply to be part of the council contingent or as staff at the Jamboree. Contingent leaders will be selected from volunteers that apply for adult leadership roles.
Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
All participants must have a current BSA membership; agree to live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law and the Jamboree Code of Conduct and have completed at least one long term camping experience prior to the Jamboree
- Scouts must have completed the 6th grade, or will be at least 12 years old (but who has not yet reached their 18th birthday by 8/1/2021) and a first-class Scout by July 1, 2021
- Venturers must be a member of a Venturing Crew and not yet reached their 21st birthday by 8/1/2021
Scouts will be placed in a Jamboree troop/crew. Each Scout will be a member of a patrol within their unit. Every contingent member will be required to participate in and have the following:
- Monthly Troop or Crew meetings
- A completed National Jamboree Medical form signed by a licensed physician
- Attend the weekend training encampment.
Participation in the 2021 Atlanta Area Council National Jamboree experience is $1800 per youth and $1300 per adult. Jamboree fees include everything listed below. Other out-of-pocket expenses may include (but are not limited to) additional uniforms, patches, and spending money. A non-refundable reservation fee of $200 must accompany the initial registration. Full payment must be received no later than March 1, 2021 in order for the participant to attend.
- Jamboree event fee
- Transportation to and from the event.
- Jamboree gear, including all troop/crew specific gear i.e. t-shirts, hat, etc.
- Youth Registration to join the 2021 AAC Jamboree Contingent
- Adult Leaders interesting in leading a contingent unit
- Adult Leaders interested in staffing the Jamboree
- Have more questions? Contact Veronica Bramlett, Camping and Program Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, (770) 956-5687
- 2021 National Jamboree Website
- AAC Jamboree Facebook Page
- AAC Jamboree Flyer
- Photo Gallery from 2017 National Jamboree
|2021 National Jamboree Flyer||Download|