Silver Beaver Award
The highest award that a local council can give to a volunteer Scout Leader for service to youth.
Of the hundreds of awards that are presented each year, the Silver Beaver is the highest and most prestigious honor awarded to a volunteer by a local council. As a movement whose leadership is overwhelmingly volunteer, the Boy Scouts of America recognizes the need to acknowledge those individuals who truly go above and beyond to guarantee the availability of a quality Scouting program. Please consider nominating a dedicated Scouter that has influenced the program of Scouting in your area for this award.
When nominating a Scouter for this honor in the Atlanta Area Council, please consider the following:
- This award is made for noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth by registered BSA adult volunteers within the Atlanta Area Council
- Service of a non-Scouting nature is also a considered during the evaluation process
- Nominations must be submitted only on the Atlanta Area Council Nomination Form.
- The Atlanta Area Council recognizes and truly appreciates the dedication of over 10,000 Scouters in the Atlanta Area, however, we are limited by National BSA protocol as to the number of Silver Beaver Awards that can be presented.
- All nominations will be reviewed by a volunteer committee.
- Must be submitted by November 22.
Congratulations to the 2018 Silver Beaver Recipients!
Click here to view a list of prior Silver Beaver Award winners.