Scouting for Food
The Atlanta Area Council invites all Scouts to participate in Scouting for Food this month to benefit the Atlanta Community food Bank and local food pantries. No one should ever go hungry and the reality is, more families are having a tough time feeding their family because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can help! It’s as easy as these 5 steps!
Pick a date that you want to collect food from your neighbors. Be sure to give your neighbors 7-10 days so they have time to order the food.
Email or call your neighbors, or leave them a note to let them know when you are collecting.
Here is a template to get you started. Be sure to also send out a reminder the day before you are collecting food.
"Hi neighbor! My name is (First and Last Name) and I am a Scout in (Pack/Troop/Crew/Ship) (Number). I am Scouting for Food this month to help families in our community. I will have a (plastic tub on my driveway on date from time-time) if you are interested in donating (or call my parents and we will swing by to pick up your donation from your driveway). My family will take the food our neighborhood collects and deliver it to a local food pantry."
Here is a list of most needed items:
• Canned fruit and vegetables
• Canned tuna, chicken or salmon in water
• Canned or dried beans, peas or lentils low sodium
• Whole grain pasta and flour
• Brown rice, barley, quinoa
• Whole grain cereal
• Shelf-stable milk dairy, soy, rice, etc.
• Natural peanut butter plastic containers only
• Olive or canola oil plastic containers only
• Paper Products
If you have any questions, please contact my (Mom/Dad/Grandmother) at (Phone/Email).
Thank you for helping others!
- Collect the food. Be sure to wear gloves and wash your hands before and after you handle the food.
- Drop-off the food at a local food pantry in your area or select a drop off location from: Drop Off Locations Map
- Fill out the form below to report how many items you collected to receive your Scouting for Food patch!
In this unusual time, please be sure to review the recommendations of the CDC to stay healthy!
|Food Drive Most Needed Items||Download|