Safety & Health
Last updated 5/22/2020 @ 1:00PM
As a leadership organization, we want to do our best to assist with any potential spread of Coronavirus and keep our Scouting family and community healthy. We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Georgia State Department of Health, and our health committee led by Dr. Jeremy Ackerman.
- Scan to email@example.com. There are many free phone scanning apps available online.
- A lockbox is available at the Volunteer Service Center for you to drop off paperwork.
- Go to beascout.org and submit online.
All three Atlanta Area Council Camps will be closed through June 1.
Summer Camp Program:
For frequently asked questions about Summer Camp please visit here.
Cub Scout Day Camp Update:
Based upon the State of Georgia guidelines and the current Center for Disease Control’s recommendation for youth, we have made the difficult decision to delay Cub Scout Day Camps in June.
We are exploring new options to bring the Day Camp experience and excitement to your Scout! Cub families will receive a survey soon which will help guide our plans to bring you the experiences you deserve while remaining safe.
The Atlanta Area Council will be issuing full refunds for all June Day Camp registrations. Please allow up to three weeks to receive your refund.
Unit/District/Council Meetings and Events:
We encourage you to postpone meetings or switch to virtual gatherings utilizing conference calls or online video conferencing. Keep in close contact with your unit and district leadership to understand what has been postponed or shifted online. Please consider ways you can move Scouting forward by using technology.
In the coming days we will send an additional communication with fun ways for families to continue their Scouting journey while children are not in school and unable to meet together. Many achievements can be earned at home.
Digital Safety Guidelines
As local councils and units use digital and online resources, such as video conferencing, to continue Scouting meetings, projects and advancement during the COVID-19 outbreak, the National Council is providing guidance in this UPDATED BSA Safety Moment that can be shared with anyone who has questions about topics such as video conferencing safety for Scouts and leaders. Note: This guidance is not comprehensive, and if it differs from the legal requirements of your state or local jurisdiction, please consult with your local council attorney.
Updates to previously released information include further guidance on recording of video conferences for adult participants and removal of the examples of video conferencing platforms.
For full details, view the Digital Safety and Online Scouting Activities Safety Moment, which is available publicly on Scouting.org.
We will continue to monitor governmental guidelines and update you via e-mail and on our website, AtlantaBSA.org/safety-health. Please familiarize yourself with the CDC guidelines on how to limit the spread of the virus, here at the CDC's Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities.
- College of Commissioner Science | Scheduled for March 14, 2020 | No date for reschedule yet
- Peach of an Athlete | Scheduled for 3/16/2020 | No date for reschedule yet
- Silver Beaver | Scheduled for 3/25/2020 | No date for reschedule yet
- Construction Merit Badge Day | Scheduled for 3/28/2020 | No date for reschedule yet
- Wilderness First Aid Training | Scheduled for 3/26/2020 and 4/4/2020 | No date for reschedule yet
- Scout Day at the Capitol | Scheduled for March 17, 2020 - CANCELED
- OA Spring Gathering | Scheduled for March 14, 2020 - CANCELED
- National Camp School – Day Camps | Scheduled for March 21-22 - CANCELED
- Spring Family Camping | Scheduled for April 3-5, 2020 | CANCELED
- National Camp School | Scheduled for April 25, 2020 | CANCELED
- Foothills Spring Family Camping 2020 | Scheduled for April 17-19, 2020 | CANCELED
- SOLO April and May classes at the Aquatics Base | Scheduled for April and May 2020 | CANCELED
- Order of the Arrow Induction Weekend | Scheduled for May 1-3, 2020 | CANCELED
- Order of the Arrow Induction Weekend | Scheduled for May 15-17, 2020 | CANCELED
A Scout is Clean and Prepared
Please familiarize yourself with the CDC guidelines on how to limit the spread of the virus, here at the CDC's Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities.
The safety of our Scouts and Leaders is our number one priority. If you have questions about District or Council events happening in your area please contact your District Professional.
|Guide to Safe Scouting||Download|