Safety & Health
As a leadership organization, we want to do our best to assist with any potential spread of Coronavirus and keep our Scouting family and community healthy. We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Georgia State Department of Health, and our health committee led by Dr. Jeremy Ackerman.
- Scan to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are many free phone scanning apps available online.
- A lockbox is available at the Volunteer Service Center for you to drop off paperwork.
- Go to beascout.org and submit online.
All three Atlanta Area Council Camps will be closed through April 30th.
Merit Badge registration has been extended for registered campers. Please find the updated Merit Badge registration dates below.
Bert Adams Scout Camp:
Weeks 1-2 will open April 13 at 9AM Eastern
Weeks 3-5 will open April 14 at 9AM Eastern
Woodruff Scout Camp:
Week 1 will open April 15 at 9AM Eastern
Week 2 will open April 16 at 9AM Eastern
Week 3 will open April 17 at 9AM Eastern
Week 4 will open April 20 at 9AM Eastern
Weeks 5-6 will open April 21 at 9AM Eastern
Weeks 7-8 will open April 22 at 9AM Eastern
Unit/District/Council Meetings and Events:
We encourage you to postpone meetings or switch to virtual gatherings utilizing conference calls or online video conferencing. Keep in close contact with your unit and district leadership to understand what has been postponed or shifted online. Please consider ways you can move Scouting forward by using technology.
In the coming days we will send an additional communication with fun ways for families to continue their Scouting journey while children are not in school and unable to meet together. Many achievements can be earned at home.
We will continue to monitor governmental guidelines and update you via e-mail and on our website, AtlantaBSA.org/safety-health. Please familiarize yourself with the CDC guidelines on how to limit the spread of the virus, here at the CDC's Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities.
- College of Commissioner Science | Scheduled for March 14, 2020 | No date for reschedule yet
- Peach of an Athlete | Scheduled for 3/16/2020 | No date for reschedule yet
- Silver Beaver | Scheduled for 3/25/2020 | No date for reschedule yet
- Construction Merit Badge Day | Scheduled for 3/28/2020 | No date for reschedule yet
- Wilderness First Aid Training | Scheduled for 3/26/2020 and 4/4/2020 | No date for reschedule yet
- Scout Day at the Capitol | Scheduled for March 17, 2020 - CANCELED
- OA Spring Gathering | Scheduled for March 14, 2020 - CANCELED
- National Camp School – Day Camps | Scheduled for March 21-22 - CANCELED
- Spring Family Camping | Scheduled for April 3-5, 2020 | CANCELED
- National Camp School | Scheduled for April 25, 2020 | CANCELED
- Foothills Spring Family Camping 2020 | Scheduled for April 17-19, 2020 | CANCELED
- SOLO April and May classes at the Aquatics Base | Scheduled for April and May 2020 | CANCELED
A Scout is Clean and Prepared
Please familiarize yourself with the CDC guidelines on how to limit the spread of the virus, here at the CDC's Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities.
The safety of our Scouts and Leaders is our number one priority. If you have questions about District or Council events happening in your area please contact your District Professional.
|Guide to Safe Scouting||Download|