Recycle for Good
This year all Atlanta Area Council Packs, Troops, Crews, and Posts are challenged to join Recycle for Good, with the goal of collecting 150 pounds of aluminum for recycling during the entire month of July. This will in turn help fund a Habitat for Humanity home for a family in Atlanta’s Westside community!
Did you know $73 million worth of aluminum goes needlessly to landfills instead of being recycled each year in Georgia? Think if we had that funding to invest in our communities!
1. Click here to register your Unit with the Recycle for Good program
2. Start Recycling Aluminum Bottles & Cans
- Challenge your fellow Scouts, your charter organization, your school, your neighborhood and local businesses to collect aluminum bottles and cans. We are collecting beverage cans only – no food cans as they are typically not made of aluminum.
- Be sure to wear gloves and wash your hands before and after you handle the cans.
3. Drop-off the Aluminum Bottles & Cans
- We will have a location at the Volunteer Service Center available fo you to drop off the bottles or cans.
- Your Unit can also organize collection points in neighborhoods, local businesses or at your charter organization.
4. Tell Us About Your Success
- You will need to weigh your cans and log your results.
- If you use a local recycling center, the check of the value of the cans should be made out to Atlanta Habitat for Humanity, mailed to the Council office.
All Scouts who participate will receive a commemorative patch.
In this unusual time, please be sure to review the recommendations of the CDC to stay healthy