Merit Badge University
Merit Badge University is a quality Merit Badge program that helps Scouts learn about different fields of knowledge. By recruiting experienced professional counselors, Scouts receive an unparalleled experience. It’s hosted on the beautiful Kennesaw State University Marietta campus, giving Scouts a great opportunity to experience a college atmosphere.
Interested in being an instructor? Let us know!
The $15 registration fee includes breakfast as well as program materials for most classes with only a few exceptions. A few classes may have additional fees or may run slightly longer than the event schedule. You will be notified of any of these exceptions by the instructor after you register.
7:45am to 8:20am Arrival and Breakfast at the Gymnasium
8:25am to 8:40am Flags and Opening Assembly
8:45am To Classrooms
12:45pm BlueCards returned to Scouts
1:00pm Pickup at the Gymnasium
TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING
• Drop-off and Pick-up will be at the Gymnasium, building S2. on the Kennesaw State University - Marietta Campus (formerly Southern Polytechnic State University)
• All Scouts must be dropped off and picked up at the gymnasium.
NOTES FOR SCOUTS AND PARENTS
• All Scouts must be dropped off and picked up at the Gymnasium, building S2. Scouts must not leave from their classrooms.
• Scouts are expected to wear full Class A field uniform unless directed otherwise by their Merit Badge course counselor.
• The Merit Badge course counselors will be provided with their class lists on September 1st, and your counselor may contact you via email with detailed information or prerequisites.
• KSU-Marietta is in session. There will be an indoor lobby for parents who must wait on campus, and there is lots of outdoor seating, but young children are discouraged due to safety hazards for youngsters on this college campus.
• Cell phone usage by Scouts is discouraged from 8am (drop-off) to 1pm (pick-up). Cell phones must be put on SILENT at the beginning of the class, and the cell phone will be taken from any Scout who uses their phone during class time unless they have specific permission from their course counselor.
• Bring a bluecard from your troop (be prepared!).
• There are NO CONCESSIONS available, so Scouts may bring a sealed snack/drink to consume during the morning break.
Cancelations made by prior to 5PM on October 18 will receive a full refund. October 19- November 1 will receive a 50% refund. After that only swapping of Scouts into classes without a waitlist is allowed and no refunds will be issued. Those still on waitlists on October 19 will be able to select another class or be issued a refund.
|Camping Assistant||Veronica Bramlett||(770) 956-5687|