COPE and Climbing Instructor Training
COPE/Climbing Instructors Training: L1 Training
Volunteer instructors are the life blood of scouting. As an instructor, you mentor youth in challenges and adventures. Trainings are held in-person at Atlanta Area Council camps or at a remote location. COPE/Climbing training contributes to skill level development, teamwork, group cohesiveness, and leadership development in Scouts and adults. In these classes you will learn safe and trusted practices for climbing and repelling, types of equipment, maintenance, and record keeping, all within the National Camp Accreditation Program (NCAP) and the Association of Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) standards. Graduates of this training will be able to staff Climbing/COPE events at Atlanta Area Council camps, and at offsite locations under the supervision of a Level 2 Climbing/COPE Instructor or a Climbing/COPE Director.
Cost $85.00 per person
- Must have valid CPR/AED First Aid Certification
- Must be 16 yrs. of age for COPE Instructor in Training.
- Must be 18 yrs. of age for L1 certification.
Cost includes course materials and meals.
Course Dates and Locations:
- PML1 Foundations: April 15-16, 2023 at the Atlanta Area Council Service Center 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- L1 COPE Practical Training April 28-30, 2023 at Woodruff Scout Camp 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- L1 Climbing Practical Training May 6, 2023 TBD