Georgia's Backyard Family Campout
When: April 25, 2020 | 9am - 8pm
Where: Online with Zoom or on Facebook Live
HOW IT WORKS:
- Confirm attendance by signing up at the bottom of the page and follow along with us on Facebook live from 9 AM - 9:15AM and 7:15-7:30 PM on Saturday, April 25.
- Submit photos/videos of your Scouts
- We'll also be revealing a few surprises during the event!
- Cub Scouts can even complete rank advancements!
We can't wait to see what you come up with, the best will be showcased at our campout live stream.
Schedule of Events
Sign Up below to get the link and join in on the fun!
|9 AM||Opening||Facebook Live||All Scouts|
|10:00 AM||Scouting Realms||Join Troop 2319 in the largest group playing of this fun interactive game||Scouts BSA & Venturing|
|11:00 AM||Dutch Oven Cooking||
Make a tasty treat for the whole family with Troop 433 Sign up and download the recipe
Zoom Meeting ID: 815 5654 5387
Join Troop 1776 as they help you learn to tie all kinds of knots
Zoom Meeting ID: 824 5839 0480
|2:00 PM||Rocket Launch||Tune in just before 2PM to view out rocket launch! Launch your own rocket with us at 2PM and share your video on social media!||All Scouts|
|3:00 PM||Scouting Realms||Join Troop 2319 in the largest group playing of this fun interactive game||Scouts BSA & Venturing|
|7:15 PM||Campfire Skits||
Join us for a live stream to learn new skits and songs
Zoom Meeting ID: 868 0263 9516
Share with us on social media using #BackyardCampout/@atlboyscouts so we can see you! These activities are approprate of youth and adults of all ages!
- Make a Sculpture - Download instructions on how to make your own airdry clay using just cornstarch, baking soda, and water!
- Peeps Slime - What kid doesn't love slime? Time to put all those leftover peeps marshmallows to work and make peeps slime!
- Homemade Chalk - Parents will remember the joys of drawing on their driveway or street with chalk as a child. Download the instructions to make your own chalk to create your own masterpiece!
- Make an Obstacle Course - Using the chalk you've already made and other objects, make yourself and obsticle course! Time yourself to see if you can improve on your own time.
- Build a Rocket - 3......2......1..... Blast off! Build a Rocket to launch with us at 2PM and share a video of your rocket on social media!
- Indoor or Outdoor Scavenger Hunt - Do you have the eyes of an eagle? Test yourself to see how many items you can find in your home and yard!
- Nature Craft - Follow along with Linda Scovanner as she reads Leaf Man, followed by a guided Nature Craft Activity.
- Bird Identification - Watch this 11 minute video and see if you can find any of these in your own back yard!
- Make Paint - Artist at heart but no paint at home? Make your own paint! We've got three different styles you can do: pudding, corn suryp, or cornstarge & vinegar!
- Bubbles - Want bubble fun but can’t go to the store? Make your own at home with regular household items!
- Duct Tape Project – Sit-Upon - Make yourself a soft spot to sit whenever you go camping!
- Marshmallow Popper - With marshmallows or pom-poms! If you’re using marshmallows, see if you can land them in your mouth!
- S’Mores in a Bag - A taste of camp at home!
- Scout Law Game - All you need is a pair of dice for this brand new game!
- Story Stones - Use some rocks to tell a story!
- Throw a Knot Challenge - Learn how to throw a knot into a rope to impress your Scouting friends, or even show it to your other friends and tell them you learned this in Scouts!
- Throw a Figure 8 Challenge - Mastered throwing a knot and what more of a challenge?
- Camp Gadget - Find out what a weather rock is and make your own! Prefer to read instructions over watching a video? Check this out!
- Scouting for Letters - Brighten someones day, earn service hours, all while social distancing!