Wolf Rank Advancement
Here’s How to Help Your Scout Advance!
To earn the Wolf badge, a youth must complete six required adventures, plus one elective adventure, and complete the Cyber Chip award for their age.
The required adventures are:
- Call of the Wild is mostly a Campout and things you do on a Campout
- Council Fire is all about community service and stewardship through recycling and respect for the flag.
- Duty to God Footsteps will often be an at-home because faith beliefs in Scouting are determined by the family and everyone's duty is different.
- Howling at the Moon is all about performing and communicating.
- Paws on the Path covers hiking skills and nature and maps.
- Running with the Pack is all about fitness, sports, games and nutrition.
Parents/guardians or the den leader approve each requirement by signing the youth’s handbook. Youth receive an adventure loop for each adventure and, after meeting all requirements, have earned the Wolf badge.
In addition to those 7 adventures, there are an additional 12 Wolf electives that Scouts can earn if they like. More information about Wolf adventures is available at this Wolf resource page, with fun ideas for dens to do as a group as well as Family-Led Adventure resources for parents to do on their own schedules.