Tiger Rank Advancement
Here’s How to Help Your Scout Advance!
To earn the Tiger badge, a Scout must complete six required adventures with their den or family, plus one elective adventure, and complete the "Protect Yourself Rules" adventure for their age.
The required adventures are:
- Backyard Jungle, a/k/a My Tiger Jungle, a very hands-on adventure with planting something and building birdhouses, plus you'll probably go for a short hike.
- Games Tigers Play is all about games, sports and nutrition.
- Tiger Circles: Duty to God will often be an at home, because faith beliefs in Scouting are determined by the family and everyone's duty is different.
- Team Tiger is all about service and "doing your share".
- Tiger Bites is an adventure covering food choices and preparation, manners and nutrition.
- Tigers in the Wild is all about hiking, the outdoors, nature, visiting a nature center, zoo or "other outdoor place".
The 9 elective adventures are Curiosity, Intrigue, and Magical Mysteries, Floats and Boats, Good Knights, Rolling Tigers, Safe and Smart, Sky is the Limit, Stories in Shapes, Tiger-iffic, and Tiger Tag.
Parents/guardians or the den leader approve each requirement by signing the Scout’s handbook. Scouts receive an adventure loop on completing each adventure and, after meeting all requirements, have earned the Tiger badge.
More Tiger program resources are available at this Tiger adventure resource page, which has a fuller Tiger overview, plus the Adventure by Adventure pages that have fun den group activity ideas like simple plans, videos, websites with more activities and tips, and more – see the adventure by adventure links above for examples. You’ll also find Word versions of the Streamlined and Family Led Plans that you and your Den parents can download and tailor your Den activity to fit your parents, location and activities.
Four elective adventures may be in your Handbook, but were “retired” as of May 31, 2022 – Earning Your Stripes, Family Stories, Tiger Tales and Tiger Theater. These Adventures are no longer eligible to be an Elective Adventure counted towards earning the Tiger Rank, but if you like them, you can make them part of your fun Tiger activities.