Tiger Rank Advancement
Here’s How to Help Your Scout Advance!
To earn the Tiger badge, a youth must complete six required adventures with their den or family, plus one elective adventure, and complete the Cyber Chip award for their age.
The required adventures are:
- Backyard Jungle, a/k/a My Tiger Jungle a very hands-on adventure with planting something and building birdhouses.
- Games Tigers Play is all about games, sports and nutrition.
- "Tiger Circles: Duty to God" will often be an at home, because faith beliefs in Scouting are determined by the family and everyone's duty is different.
- Team Tiger is all about service and "doing your share".
- Tiger Bites is an adventure covering food choices and preparation, manners and nutrition.
- Tigers in the Wild is all about hiking, the outdoors, nature, visiting a nature center, zoo or "other outdoor place".
The 12 elective adventures are Curiosity, Intrigue, and Magical Mysteries, Earning Your Stripes, Family Stories, Floats and Boats, Good Knights, Rolling Tigers, Safe and Smart, Sky is the Limit, Stories in Shapes, Tiger-iffic, Tiger Tag, Tiger Tales and Tiger Theater.
Parents/guardians or the den leader approve each requirement by signing the Scout’s handbook. Scouts receive an adventure loop on completing each adventure and, after meeting all requirements, have earned the Tiger badge.
More information about doing the Tiger adventures at home with your Scout is found on – even more resources are available at which has both fun den group activity ideas plus family-led adventure resources (simple plans, videos, tips and more, like those in the adventure by adventure links above) for parents to do on their own schedules.