Tiger Rank Advancement
Here’s How to Help Your Scout Advance!
To earn the Tiger badge, a youth must complete six required adventures with their den or family, plus one elective adventure, and complete the Cyber Chip award for their age.
The required adventures are:
- Backyard Jungle, a/k/a My Tiger Jungle a very hands-on adventure with planting something and building birdhouses.
- Games Tigers Play is all about games, sports and nutrition.
- "Tiger Circles: Duty to God" will often be an at home, because faith beliefs in Scouting are determined by the family and everyone's duty is different.
- Team Tiger is all about service and "doing your share".
- Tiger Bites is an adventure covering food choices and preparation, manners and nutrition.
- Tigers in the Wild is all about hiking, the outdoors, nature, visiting a nature center, zoo or "other outdoor place".
Parents/guardians or the den leader approve each requirement by signing the youth’s handbook. Youth receive an adventure loop for each adventure and, after meeting all requirements, have earned the Tiger badge.
In addition to those 7 adventures, there are an additional 12 Tiger elective adventures to enjoy, learning new hobbies and skills in the process. More information about Tiger adventures is available at this Tiger resource page, which has both fun ideas for dens to do as a group and Family-Led Adventure resources for parents to do on their own schedules.