It's Not Too Late: Click here to register your Unit for the 2016 Popcorn Sale!
Click here to enter your Scout in the $650 Club Six Flags/White Water Season Passes drawing
You can enter your Scout once per every $650 sold (i.e. submit an entry when your Scout has sold $650, then submit another entry when they have sold $1300). The 4 drawings will take place on September 21, September 28, October 5, and October 12. Winners will be contacted via phone or email on drawing dates.
NEW: Hawks mini basketballs are now available for pick up in the Council Program Center for Scouts who have sold $650 or more! Just bring verification of sales (Take Order form, app screenshots, online sales print outs, and/or Show & Sell tracking) to the front desk in the Program Center and they will stamp your form and give you the Hawks mini basketball. Unit Popcorn Kernels or parents can pick up the Hawks mini basketballs.
New for 2016 Popcorn Sale Commission Structure
Show and Sell / Take Order Commission Structure
Base Commission - 30%
- Sell popcorn
- Receive 30% commission on all Show And Sell/Take Order Sales
Base Commission Plus - 35%:
- Attend Unit Kernel Training
- Attend Council Kickoff
- Pick up popcorn on time (relative to the Show And Sell/Take Order dates)
- Pay popcorn balance to Atlanta Area Council by 12/8/16
35% plus 50% of Growth:
- Fulfill all requirements for 35% commission
- PLUS grow any sale amount over 2015 total sale
Online Sales Commission Structure
Units receive 50% Commission on all online sales
Congratulations to our first Top Selling Scouts!
Congratulations to the first Scouts to sell $1000 or more in popcorn! These Scouts will receive 2 tickets to the Atlanta Hawks vs. Orlando Magic basketball game on February 4, 2017, a Top Seller t-shirt with their names on the back, and a Top Seller certificate. Way to go, Scouts!
- Matthew L., Troop 422
- Richie S., Pack 83
- Jack D., Pack 350
If your Scout has sold $1000 or more in popcorn, please click here to register them to receive their Top Seller prizes.
The Popcorn Sale is Important!
• Scouts gain confidence, salesmanship and communication skills, and a sense of accomplishment. The popcorn sale is not about selling popcorn, it’s about promoting Scouting and the Scouting ideals!
• Units have the ability to fund their entire year’s program through the popcorn sale alone (45% of selling Units last year achieved this). We have also changed the ordering guidelines and Units are allowed to order by container and not by the full case (Take Order only). This reduces the risk of having left over product at the end of the sale.
• The popcorn sale helps the Council raise money for improving the summer camp facilities/building new camp locations, offering more extensive training for our volunteer leaders and members, and helping us get to know and serve the needs of our volunteers and Units better.
Popcorn Sale Resources
There are plenty of good reasons for your Scouts to take part in the annual popcorn sale! Besides the money that can be earned for camp and Scouting activities throughout the year, Scouts learn valuable skills like teamwork, goal setting, time management and salesmanship - just to name a few.
These resources have all sorts of useful information to aid you and your Unit in the popcorn sale and, as always, we are here to help answer any questions that you may have. Just email Emily Rendini.