Tour and Activity Plan
The tour and activity plan is a planning tool for best practices to be prepared for safe and fun adventure. Completing the plan may not address all possible challenges, but it can help ensure that appropriate planning has been conducted, that qualified and trained leadership is in place, and that the right equipment is available for the adventure.
In addition, the plan helps to organize safe and appropriate transportation to and from an event, and defines driver qualifications and minimum limits of insurance coverage for drivers and vehicles used to transport participants.
Please complete and submit this plan at least 21 days in advance (check with your local council) to ensure your council has enough time to review the plan and assist as necessary.
Times when a tour and activity plan must be submitted for council review include the following:
- Trips of 500 miles or more
- Trips outside of council borders (exception: not to your council-owned property, i.e. Woodruff Scout Camp)
- Trips to Florida Sea Base, Northern Tier, Philmont Scout Ranch, Summit Bechtel Reserve, National Scout Jamboree, National Order of the Arrow Conference, or a regionally sponsored event
- When conducting any of the following activities outside of council or district events:
- Aquatics activities (swimming, boating, floating, scuba, etc.)
- Climbing and rappelling
- Orientation flights (process flying plan)
- Shooting sports
- Any activities involving motorized vehicles as part of the program (snowmobiles, boating, etc.)
- At a Council's request
Complete a Tour and Activity Plan Online via my.scouting.org
Download the Tour and Activity Plan PDF Form